Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/06 08:15:02 UTC

Lifecycles and configuration of plugins

Hello,

I see that versions of plugins are either manageable in the pom or in the
lifecycle.

Now what about configurations of plugins? May these be hidden as well in an
extension/plugin?

I want to hide this because a lot of application developers look at our
company POM and shudder because of it's shere size :-)

Regards Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile

Re: Lifecycles and configuration of plugins

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
default plugin version can effectively be injected
but that's *default* plugin versions

since actual lifecycle definitions are done in Maven core, you can't count on
it to upgrade version in your projects

in your case, where you want to define a new lifecycle, perhaps it will be
possible to change versions from your lifecycle definition
the question will be: how is the new lifecycle injected? into projects pom
through extension? or into Maven installation through lib/ext
this is IMHO the crucial point that will make default versions usable or not

but I tend to imagine this won't be ok: pluginManagement in your poms, like
for other lifecycles and plugin bindings, should be the right approach

Regards,

Hervé