Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Matt Ryan <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/07/18 00:06:34 UTC

Backport OAK-7998 to 1.10.3

Hi,

I propose to backport the fix for OAK-7998 to 1.10.3.

The issue in OAK-7998 is that it is possible to obtain a direct download
URI for a binary that doesn't exist in blob storage.  While not usually
possible, this situation can arise if the binary in question was added via
addRecord() and then a download URI is immediately requested, if the binary
is in cache and is not yet uploaded to cloud storage.  In such a case the
binary is "in the repo" but we can't create a valid download URI for it
until it is actually in cloud storage.

The fix is implemented for 1.16.  It is a low-risk change - a couple of
unit test changes and an additional check to see whether the blob ID exists
in both the S3 and Azure backend implementations.

-MR

Re: Backport OAK-7998 to 1.10.3

Posted by Matt Ryan <ma...@apache.org>.
Ah yes, I think that was a typo.  Thanks Julian.

Re: Backport OAK-7998 to 1.10.3

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.