Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Warren Nicholson <wa...@nfinausa.com> on 2013/04/26 17:18:38 UTC

System VM's & Routers

I'm using Cloudstack 3.02 and Xenserver 6.02.

I used Advanced Networking during setup, and I

would like to know how are the SSVM and Console

VM and the Routers should be correctly mapped

into the HW ports on the Xenserver hypervisors.

I created three networks: management, storage,

and guest_public, each with different VLAN's.

Xenserver is set up to match, so the HW ports

are mapped into these networks as well.

The SSVM gets created with:

Cloud_link_local_network (controlled by global settings)

Management (per the advanced setup)

Storage (per the advanced setup)

One gobbbledygook system generated network (in the range of guest_public)

The Console VM get created with:

Cloud_link_local_network (controlled by global settings)

Management (per the advanced setup)

One gobbbledygook system generated network (in the range of guest_public)

If I don't change this gobbledygook network to guest_public

with Xencenter, my SSVM check fails and secondary storage

doesn't connect.

If I change this system generated network  to guest_public, then SSVM check

passes and my secondary storage shows up, templates download, URL's work,
etc.

How do I get the SSVM and console to use the guest public

network so I don't have to edit it later on?

The other problem is when I add a network to connect the VM's to the

real world (say CentOS).  The guest public side of the NAT is not pingable,

Nor can the router ping out on the guest public side (although It does hand

out addresses in the local 10.1.1. range just fine).

If I change the gobblygook system generated network on the router to
guest_public

from Xencenter It looses its IP.

How do I get these system generated networks to map into HW Ethernet Ports?

Is there a write up or a procedure on that?

Warren

RE: System VM's & Routers

Posted by Warren Nicholson <wa...@nfinausa.com>.
Perfect.

Thanks,

Warren

It has example physical configurations along with the different virtual NICs
assigned to each system VM and how they relate to CloudStack's terminology
around physical and virtual networks.

-Clayton

RE: System VM's & Routers

Posted by Clayton Weise <cw...@iswest.net>.