Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Irv Salisbury <ir...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/14 05:02:50 UTC

Help on versions

We are investigating Tapestry and are a little confused at what version of
Tapestry to look at.  We definitely need to do ajax stuff, so were initially
drawn to Tapestry 4.1.  However, we also see Tacos out there.  We have
experience with dojo, so both of those fit well.  If we wanted to release
our proejct in 6-8 months, should we be looking at Tapestry 4.0 with Tacos,
or just Tapestry 4.1?

Thanks for any input.

Irv

Re: Help on versions

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That'd be impossible to do without providing the same features for tap3 as
well...Which is something I'm not going to do.

On 9/14/06, Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it would be really good, if any book will be backward compatible with
> tap3.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: Help on versions

Posted by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com>.
it would be really good, if any book will be backward compatible with tap3.

Re: Help on versions

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Heh.. This will only cover how to develop various types of "ajax"
functionality with Tapestry.

I think other people are either already working on or planning on working on
broader ranges of things related to Tapestry/hivemind as a whole. (though I
don't know the details)

Re: Help on versions

Posted by Josh Long <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Help on versions

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Help on versions

Posted by Irv Salisbury <ir...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  Glad to hear it is a tough one for you as well :-)

When you say it is coming with a book, how far out is that?  If we wanted to

Re: Help on versions

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.