Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Dave Sunerton-Burl <da...@lledr-solutions.co.uk> on 2005/12/02 18:07:19 UTC

Upgrading Lenya 1.2.x

I'm currently running Lenya 1.2.2 on our server and I'd like to upgrade
to 1.2.4. I'm a bit nervous about doing this as it's a live server and I
don't want to lose anything. Is there a good (tried and tested) way of
upgrading without losing content and history?

--
Dave Sunerton-Burl
Lledr Solutions

Email : dave@lledr-solutions.co.uk
Phone : +44 (0)1690 750446
Web : www.lledr-solutions.com

Publishing problem

Posted by John Cherouvim <jc...@eworx.gr>.
Hello

I cannot publish some specific pages inside my publication. I've setup
my publication on 2 instances of Lenya.
The first one is:
Lenya 1.2.2 (patched with solprovider's easy.zip)
Win xp
Tomcat 5.0.28
Java 1.4.2_04

The other one is:
Lenya 1.2.4
Linux 2.6.10-1.770
Tomcat 5.0.30
1.4.2_06

The error I get on the first instance is:
The prefix "task" for element "task:task" is not bound.
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
for
cocoon://scheduler/default/authoring/5/EROTISEIS.html.xsl?pipelinehash=5255559324713125381:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in
creating Transform Handler

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for cocoon://scheduler/default/authoring/5/EROTISEIS.html.xsl?pipelinehash=5255559324713125381: org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating Transform Handler
	at org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.setup(TraxTransformer.java:320)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:383)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.preparePipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:488)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:440)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:120)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ContainerNode.invoke(ContainerNode.java:31)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallNode.invoke(CallNode.java:93)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:138)

The error I get on the second instance is:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.lenya.content.publishing.screen_xsp.generate(org.apache.cocoon.www.lenya.content.publishing.screen_xsp:791)
	at org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.generate(ServerPagesGenerator.java:228)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:581)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:483)
[...]
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:92)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)

This happens when trying to publish or schedule some specific items.

I've searched the archive for 'The prefix "task" for element "task:task"
is not bound' but I couldn't find any useful info. Does this have
anything to do with the endorsed folder? Or is my publication
broken/damaged?

Thanks,
J.

Re: Upgrading Lenya 1.2.x

Posted by Dave Sunerton-Burl <da...@lledr-solutions.co.uk>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> you might just want to make a copy of your "data" and setup another
> server parallel (e.g. another Tomcat) parallel to your productive
> system, install
> there Lenya 1.2.4 and then copy the "data" (content, resources,
> config/ac/..)
> into this new system and then test it.
Yes, I'll give it a go. You've highlighted what I think my real problem
is - identifying what is the "data" and where it is. Also, there's all
the changed config files and layout/look etc. etc. (not to mention all
the little bug fixes which we've put in from various sources). I think I
may be spending some quality time with a diff program......

So, in your list (content, resources, config/ac/) is that it? Or are
there other purely content locations? If anyone can point me to a
detailed description of the structure of the default pub that would be
really helpfull.

Thanks

Re: Upgrading Lenya 1.2.x

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Dave Sunerton-Burl wrote:

> I'm currently running Lenya 1.2.2 on our server and I'd like to
> upgrade to 1.2.4. I'm a bit nervous about doing this as it's a live
> server and I don't want to lose anything. Is there a good (tried and
> tested) way of upgrading without losing content and history?

you might just want to make a copy of your "data" and setup another
server parallel (e.g. another Tomcat) parallel to your productive
system, install
there Lenya 1.2.4 and then copy the "data" (content, resources,
config/ac/..)
into this new system and then test it.

HTH

Michi