Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Walstra <jw...@spoonserver.com> on 2002/09/24 14:54:32 UTC

allowLinking option

>From the 4.1.12 release notes

---------------------------
Symlinking static resources:
---------------------------

Unix symlinks will not work when used in a web application to link resources
located outside the web application root directory.

This behavior is optional, and the "allowLinking" flag may be used to disable
the check.
--

But where to use?

--
John Walstra
jwalstra@spoonserver.com

Deflector shields just came on, Captain.

Re: allowLinking option

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
John Walstra wrote:
>>>From the 4.1.12 release notes
>
> ---------------------------
> Symlinking static resources:
> ---------------------------
>
> Unix symlinks will not work when used in a web application to link resources
> located outside the web application root directory.
>
> This behavior is optional, and the "allowLinking" flag may be used to disable
> the check.
> --
>
> But where to use?

On a Resources element (child of a Context element).
We'll probably eventually propagate the flag to some of the top level
components, like DefaultContext (if someone contributed it, it would be
faster, of course).

Remy