Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Short <ds...@san.rr.com> on 2005/03/02 17:48:45 UTC

Session state Tomcat 5.5.4

I'm experiencing, what I believe to be, strange behavior with Tomcat 5.5.4.
I'm using Oracle connection pooling and the pool is initialized, and
connections made to the database, upon startup.  I can query the v$session
view to verify that the connections were made.  I put the connection pool
object in the Application context.  My problem is this, when Tomcat
encounters some sort of error, like can't find a JSP page for example, the
session seems to be invalidated and the connection pool object is
unreachable.  However, the connections still exist.  Again, querying the
v$session view indicates the connections are still there.  At this point,
I'm forced to restart Tomcat, which resolves the problem.

Any ideas?