Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Venkatasamy, Vanitha" <Va...@xpandcorp.com> on 2014/08/07 18:43:50 UTC

Section or group name 'log4net' is already defined

I have a parent and child application. Log4net has been declared in both the web.config's

Suddenly I started getting this below error in child application.

Exception information:
    Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException
    Exception message: Section or group name 'log4net' is already defined. Updates to this may only occur at the configuration level where it is defined. (\web.config line 5)

If I remove the section from child web.config, some other error .

Any suggestion to look for

Thanks,
Vanitha Venkatasamy
XPAND Corporation.
[contact_email]

This message contains Devin Group confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed secure, error-free and information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as result of transmission. If verification is required please request hard-copy version

Re: Section or group name 'log4net' is already defined

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vanitha,

I would guess that it makes no sense having two log4net configuration
sections for one application as that implies some confusion which
configuration might be the one to be used. What is the other error?

Best regards

--
Dominik Psenner