Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> on 2003/11/27 03:27:24 UTC

Can't co svn.collab.net from Windows clients

Happy Turkey Day,

I'm getting the exact same error from both the svn.exe and the
TortoiseSVN client when trying to check out

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/book/book

Here's what I'm seeing:

$ svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/book/book svn-book-simple
svn: RA layer request failed
svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/svn/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/repos/svn/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.collab.net)

I can check out code from my own 0.33.1 Subversion server running
on RedHat 9 just fine.  And I can check this collab.net URL on my
RedHat box too, so it looks like some odd interaction between the
collab.net server and Windows.  This check out worked several days
ago.

Is anybody else seeing this?

Does the TortoiseSVN client use the libraries from the svn-setup.exe
install?

Best,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/

Re: Can't co svn.collab.net from Windows clients

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Blair Zajac wrote:

> This check out worked several days ago.

My working copy was last updated to revision 7845, which was
committed at

2003-11-25 07:17:35 -0800 (Tue, 25 Nov 2003)

so this problem happened since then.

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
SteveKing wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for checking.

> > Does the TortoiseSVN client use the libraries from the svn-setup.exe
> > install?
>
> No, TSVN ships with its own set of libraries 'cause it wouldn't be
> very user-friendly to say "to use TSVN please first download and
> install svn-setup.exe".

That's good to know.

Best,
Blair

Posted by SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch>.
> I'm getting the exact same error from both the svn.exe and the
> TortoiseSVN client when trying to check out
>
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/book/book
>
> Here's what I'm seeing:
>
> $ svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/book/book
svn-book-simple
> svn: RA layer request failed
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/svn/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/repos/svn/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://svn.collab.net)

Just tried that checkout with TSVN from HEAD. No problems checking
out.

> Does the TortoiseSVN client use the libraries from the svn-setup.exe
> install?

No, TSVN ships with its own set of libraries 'cause it wouldn't be
very user-friendly to say "to use TSVN please first download and
install svn-setup.exe".

Stefan

Re: Can't co svn.collab.net from Windows clients

Posted by Juanma Barranquero <jm...@laley.wke.es>.
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:44:40 -0800
Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> wrote:

> Switching to port 81 got the update to work just fine.

Glad to hear that.

                                                                Juanma

Re: Can't co svn.collab.net from Windows clients

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
[cc' dev@subversion]

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:27:24 -0800
> Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm getting the exact same error from both the svn.exe and the
> > TortoiseSVN client when trying to check out
> >
> > http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/book/book
>
> I'm doing "svn update" daily from that server on a W2K machine (I'm
> using the prebuilt 0.33.1 binaries).
>
> > Here's what I'm seeing:
> >
> > $ svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/book/book svn-book-simple
> > svn: RA layer request failed
> > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/svn/!svn/vcc/default'
> > svn: REPORT of '/repos/svn/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.collab.net)
> >
> > I can check out code from my own 0.33.1 Subversion server running
> > on RedHat 9 just fine.  And I can check this collab.net URL on my
> > RedHat box too, so it looks like some odd interaction between the
> > collab.net server and Windows.  This check out worked several days
> > ago.
>
> Excuse the question but, are you sure you don't have a proxy problem? I
> access through https://... because our proxy is quite picky (on http://
> it was blocking the required WebDAV/DeltaV methods).

Good point, didn't think of that.

Several days ago I was either at work or at home with no proxy.  Now,
I'm on vacation using Sprint's PCS wireless internet access and they
must have a proxy in the way.  Switching to port 81 got the update to
work just fine.

Best,
Blair