Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ray <ra...@cisco.com> on 2017/10/11 07:21:14 UTC

Ignite SQL function questions

I've been reading Ignite official document and going through Ignite source
code for a few while now.

From the source code I see that Ignite can be a key/value store and the data
is stored in a ConcurrentHashMap for every partition.
So this is one copy of data in memory.

For Ignite SQL function, it seems like Ignite creates a H2 table in memory
based on the fields user want to be query with SQL.
So does it mean for every key with @QuerySqlField annotation, there will be
two copies of data in memory(one in ConcurrentHashMap and one in in-memory
H2 table)?

Re: Ignite SQL function questions

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
There is always one copy stored in Ignite.

The key-value store keeps data and Ignite indexes it using B+trees. H2 calls Ignite’s trees when prepares execution plans.

This is partially mentioned here [1] and there [2] you can read more about the memory architecture.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries#section-how-sql-queries-work
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-architecture <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-architecture>

—
Denis