Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rolf Schumacher <ma...@august.de> on 2005/10/08 16:31:15 UTC

Re: NEWBIE with CForms and example

wonder why you do not get any answer from this list, d1.

So I'm as new to cforms as you are.

Have you tried the registration sample? Does that work?
What I'm doing is, change a sample step by step, in order to learn about it.
For my experience the texts under userdocs
do not cope with latest downloads.

The registration sample starts with

http://localhost:<your port, maybe 8080>/<your servlet folder under
tomcat/webapps, maybe cocoon>/samples/blocks/forms/registration

Rolf

d1camero (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

> I am just playing with Cocoon to evaluate it for our use as a general
> web development framework.  I am going through the CForms example
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/sample.html
>
> When I run the example application, the form displays odd:
> - no controls
> - the text fields are repeated a couple times each
> - the whole form is repeated three times.
>
> I have checked the sitemap, definition, template, js and the xsls, and
> all "seems" the same as the example.
>
> I have no clue on how to even start debugging this!
>
> Any help is appreciated - thanks
> d1

Re: NEWBIE with CForms and example

Posted by Ge...@etas.de.
Hello I think I ran into the same problems before...

> When I run the example application, the form displays odd:
> - no controls

I dont know why it didnt work with my Internet Explorer but when I
switched to Mozilla Firefox the controls showed up. Didnt find a answer to
this yet...

> - the text fields are repeated a couple times each
> - the whole form is repeated three times.

Check the file forms-samples-styling.xsl .  This is a part of it:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

 <!--+ Include styling stylesheets, one for the widgets, the other one for
the
     | page. As 'forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl' is a specialization of
     | 'forms-field-styling.xsl' the latter one is imported there. If you
don't
     | want advanced styling of widgets, change it here!
     | See xsl:include as composition and xsl:import as
extension/inheritance.
     +-->
 <xsl:include href="forms-page-styling.xsl"/>
 <xsl:include href="forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl"/>

 <xsl:template match="head">

Make sure that the two other xsl-files are placed at the right folder.

Hope that helped

Best regards,

Gerd

Rolf Schumacher <ma...@august.de>