Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by wei jin <kv...@apache.org> on 2020/12/04 12:43:58 UTC

[Meeting Minutes]Discussion about helm chart

1. Commonly used helm functions

helm install / uninstall / upgrade / rollback

2. About `configmap` configuration method

Direct configuration in `values.yaml` is more flexible

3. Whether the configuration of Ingress is put together with the `apisix
chart`

It will be clearer to use a separate chart to manage ingress

4. Helm chart After finishing a version, we will organize another
discussion and work together to push the helm chart to the bitnami repo

5. Before releasing the release, we need to adjust the configuration method
of configmap

Re: [Meeting Minutes]Discussion about helm chart

Posted by wei jin <kv...@apache.org>.
In the afternoon we discussed the problems encountered in the Chart project
(https://github.com/apache/apisix-helm-chart),recorded the following
conclusions:

1. Discuss the commonly used helm functions about helm install / uninstall
/ upgrade / rollback.

2. For now `configmap` is configured by template , there are too many
conditional judgment , not easy to maintain, we decide to direct
configuration about the `config.yaml` in values which is more flexible.

3. In the future we will add ingress controller Charts, It will be clearer
to use separate charts to manage ingress and APISIX.

4. Before releasing v0.1.1, we need to adjust the configuration way of
configmap. Will make a PR to solve the issue #7.

5. After finishing this version, we will organize another discussion and
work together to push the helm chart to the bitnami repo.

If you have any questions, welcome to discuss :)

wei jin <kv...@apache.org> 于2020年12月4日周五 下午8:43写道: