Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Adam Winer <aw...@us.oracle.com> on 2000/03/09 04:14:47 UTC

Xerces-J 1.0.3 bugs

A couple of bugs in the newly released 1.0.3 (but neither are
regressions).

First, a doc bug:
In org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.setAttributeNS(), the second
String parameter is named and doc'd as a local name, but is in fact a
qualified name.  This is correctly doc'd on org.w3c.dom.Element.

And a code bug:
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.importNode() (and, consequently,
cloneNode()) lose namespace information.  This is fairly obvious from
code inspection:  Elements are only created with
Document.createElement(), Attrs with createAttribute().  So a DOM tree
containing ElementNSImpl's and AttrNSImpl's comes out as just
ElementImpl's and AttrImpl's.

-- Adam Winer
awiner@us.oracle.com
Oracle Corp.

Re: Xerces-J 1.0.3 bugs

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks for the bug report. I filed a defect a checked in a fix for
importNode.

Re: Microsoft C++ project files missing from 1.1.0

Posted by Michael Mason <mg...@decisionsoft.com>.
James Pearson wrote:

> Are the Microsoft VC6.0 C++ project files for Win32 missing or
> am I mistaken. In previous rev's I've simply drilled down to
> the xerces-c-src_1_1_0\Projects\Win32\VC6\xerces-all.dsw and
> opened it and built the samples, dll, and lib.
> Not it seems to be empty. Anyone else notice this or am I
> loosing it?

It's definitely there in the CVS repository I've got checked out, but I
don't have the source drop so can't check that. It might be worth your
checking out a copy of the latest CVS tree and having a look there.

Regards,
Mike.

File: xerces-all.dsw    Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.12
   Repository revision: 1.12
/home/cvspublic/xml-xerces/c/Projects/Win32/VC6/xerces-all/xerces-all.dsw,v
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

   Existing Tags:
        Xerces-C_1_1_0                  (revision: 1.12)
        Xerces-C_1_1_0_d18              (revision: 1.12)
[etc]

Re: Microsoft C++ project files missing from 1.1.0

Posted by Rahul Jain <ra...@jtcsv.com>.
If you downloaded the archives targetted towards the Unix users
(.tar.gz) and moved the files over to the Windows environment
in binary mode, then you will see the reported behaviour. Its
due to the different line ending characters.

I just checked the Xerces-C src 1.1.0 .zip file (targetted for the
Windows env). The .dsw file looks good.

rahul

RE: Microsoft C++ project files missing from 1.1.0

Posted by James Pearson <ji...@banet.net>.
The workspace file:

xerces-c-src_1_1_0\Projects\Win32\VC6\xerces-all.dsw

isn't actually missing - it seems to contain *no* projects.

When I try to open the workspace file above the left frame
claims there are 0 projects in it.

Perplexedly yours,
Jim Pearson

Microsoft C++ project files missing from 1.1.0

Xerces-J 1.0.3: another cloning bug

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@us.oracle.com>.
Another cloning bug in 1.0.3:  attributes added to a cloned element
will report a null getOwnerElement().  And other problems, but this is
what first cropped up for me.

The cause is ElementImpl doesn't correctly clone its "attributes"
NamedNodeMapImpl.  In particular, NamedNodeMapImpl.cloneMap() always
calls the NamedNodeMapImpl(Document, NamedNodeMapImpl) constructor,
when it should use the NamedNodeMapImpl(ElementImpl, NamedNodeMapImpl)
constructor in this case.

Diffs to fix this are attached.

-- Adam Winer
awiner@us.oracle.com