Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by seyoum tesfay <sy...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/23 10:01:29 UTC

James as service

Hi,

The <james install> command installs James Server as a service. It then can
be started/stopped as any other  [windows service for instance]. But will
this action start every thing in James (like mailet initialization, pop3
server, smtp server, etc). I installed it, started it from the services
window and started to read emails usin IMAP from the James server. But
connection fails as IMAP is not started up.

regards,

* *

Re: James as service

Posted by seyoum tesfay <sy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

I normally use James3b4 by launching the bin/run.bat file in windows.
Executing this file starts all services (SMTP, DNS, IMAP, PoP3, etc). But
rather than starting every time manually, I wanted to install it as a
service and then James server should, for instance, start when the computer
boots.
The problem now is, after installing it as a service, it doesn't start all
the required services by the server.

I will try to figure out if there are any error logs in the windows service
start up.

regards,

*
*