Posted to users@maven.apache.org by illcar <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 05:11:47 UTC

Maven archetype question

Hi,

I have two questions regarding maven archetype.

My project has a maven archetype for generating skeleton for a Java service.
In addition to it, it has archetype for generating DAO skeleton, and a maven
plugin for code generation.

These are too many steps for the end developer. I am trying to reduce the
steps from 3 to 1 if possible.

Question 1:
Is it possible to call the second archetype from the first archetype? Or
will I have to accomplish this using a shell script?

Question 2:
Is it possible to call the maven plugin from maven archetype? The idea is to
run maven plugin (which does job of code generation) as part of
"archetype:generate ...." command. Effectively the plugin-generated code
should end up in the generated project skeleton.

Thanks for your help.