Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Yee Long <cc...@yahoo.com> on 2014/08/13 05:22:59 UTC

Enquiry about xsd:import in WSDL

Hi All,

   Currently am using java first approach for xfire to cxf migration.

   The WSDL generated by cxf is having the following:

         <xsd:import namespace="some_name_space_1"/>
         <xsd:import namespace="some_name_space_2"/>

   Any chance I may put all these imports in the wsdl:definitions tag like
what XFire did?

         <wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="some_target_namespace"
xmlns:ns1="some_name_space_1" xmlns:ns2="some_name_space_2" />

   Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Yee Long

Re: Enquiry about xsd:import in WSDL

Posted by Yee Long <cc...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Daniel,

   Thanks for your advice.

   I found that WSDL generated by CXF is having same xsd:import statements.

   For example, the following appears multiple times in different
xsd:schema.

        <xsd:import namespace="some_name_space_1"/>

   I would like to know is it possible that I may declare the above
namespace in wsdl:definitions tag like the following?

        <wsdl:definitions xmlns:ns1="some_name_space_1"/>

   So I may directly use the ns1 to reference the object for the rest of the
xsd:schema:

        <xsd:element name="some_element_name"
type="ns1:some_object_in_name_space_1"/>

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Aug 12, 2014, at 11:22 PM, Yee Long <cc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   Currently am using java first approach for xfire to cxf migration.
>
>   The WSDL generated by cxf is having the following:
>
>         <xsd:import namespace="some_name_space_1"/>
>         <xsd:import namespace="some_name_space_2"/>
>
>   Any chance I may put all these imports in the wsdl:definitions tag like
> what XFire did?
>
>         <wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="some_target_namespace"
> xmlns:ns1="some_name_space_1" xmlns:ns2="some_name_space_2" />

I really don’t know what your trying to do here.    The xsd:imports are required within the xsd:schema elements for each namespace that it uses within that schema.   That has nothing to do with the namespace prefix declarations.

--
Daniel Kulp