Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sean W <se...@bibliofiche.com> on 2008/12/09 19:07:46 UTC

Page access/security - forwarding in constructor

Greetings,

I'm building an multiple-page wicket application. My Session class holds
permission values dictating which pages the current user of the session can
access. (These permission values are set when a user logs in)

My question is: If the user tries to access a page to which they do not have
access, we discover this in the page's constructor, but how can you forward
this request to another page in the constructor (to block access to the
page)? Perhaps there is a better way to do this?

Thanks!
-Sean

Re: Page access/security - forwarding in constructor

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
See wicket-auth-roles for inspiration (or if you have wicket in action
available, skip to chapter 11.

Martijn

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Sean W <se...@bibliofiche.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm building an multiple-page wicket application. My Session class holds
> permission values dictating which pages the current user of the session can
> access. (These permission values are set when a user logs in)
>
> My question is: If the user tries to access a page to which they do not have
> access, we discover this in the page's constructor, but how can you forward
> this request to another page in the constructor (to block access to the
> page)? Perhaps there is a better way to do this?
>
> Thanks!
> -Sean

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released