Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mgfarme <ma...@mgfsoftware.co.uk> on 2011/04/29 03:42:46 UTC

Networked failover brokers don't forward subscriptions

I have 2 brokers on different machines - say A and B.  Broker B statically
connects to broker A, using the failover:tcp protocol

I have a subscriber to B that connects using the failover:tcp protocol too.
I can send messages from a publisher on A to the subscriber on B. I can also
see the network connection from B in A's web interface for the queue.

If I restart broker A, I can see that broker B has reconnected, but the
publisher on A can't send messages to the subscriber on B. When I look at
the web interface for the broker, I can see that the subscriber that A had
(the incoming network connection) is no longer there. If I restart the
subscriber on B or the broker B, it all starts working.

So, is this a valid use for the failover I.e. To allow asynchronous broker
restarts. If it's not, how can it be done without have to have restart
depdendency in place?

I tried setting dynamicOnly to true and I tried the UpdateClusterClient
option, but neither helped.

I was using version 5.3.0 and upgraded to 5.4.2, but again, this made no
difference..

Any help is appreciated!