Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michal Danilák <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/20 16:23:27 UTC

Soft commit from curl

Does the following command issue soft commit or hard commit?

curl http://localhost:8984/solr/update?softCommit=true -H "Content-Type:
text/xml" --data-binary '<commit />'

How to find out which commit was triggered? Can I get it somewhere in logs?

Thanks.

Re: Soft commit from curl

Posted by mimino <mi...@gmail.com>.
Got it. Thanks.

Re: Soft commit from curl

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The best way is to look at your Solr logs. When you see the commit
message, you'll see things like
"start commit{,optimize=false,openSearcher=false,waitSearcher=true,expungeDeletes=false,softCommit=false,prepareCommit=false}"

that ought to work, as should something like:
curl blah blah/update?softCommit=true&commit=true

Best,
Erick