Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Josh Lam <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/11 08:29:22 UTC

Eclipse Plugin Question

Hi,

I have both the catus runner plugin and the web app
plugin installe in Eclipse 2.1.

When I tried to run a Cactus test, I got:

org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed
to get the test results at
[http://localhost:8080/test/ServletRedirector]

I am pretty sure its something I did not configure
properly.

Do I need to have Jetty started?

Also, when I looked at my Cactus container preferences
in Eclipse, it had Jetty checked and it says that the
location of the jetty.xml file is src/webapp/jetty.xml
Question is, what is that path relative to?  is it my
Jetty installation?

Thanks.

--
Josh

RE: Eclipse Plugin Question

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Josh,

The ConnectException means that the Cactus client side could not connect
to the redirector. So it probably means the redirector wasn't installed
properly.

One idea though:

- Make sure you have *ONLY* Jetty checked in the preferences page (i.e.
do not put any other entries for the other containers). ATM, there is a
strong limitation I think in that tests are run only on the first
container defined. I could see from some screenshots you've sent me that
you had jboss home defined there. Please remove it. I'm also not sure at
all that JBoss is supported yet. Yes, I know there's a lot of stuff to
document/fix in the Eclipse plugin (that's why it is experimental only
and not yet released!).

Thanks
-Vincent

(http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/eclipse/webapp_plugin.html

RE: Eclipse Plugin Question

Posted by Josh Lam <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Oops, I had a typo in my post below regarding the
plugin.xml.  What I meant to say is that in the
plugin.xml, I changed cactussupportsrc.jar to
cactussupportsrc.zip.

--
Josh

RE: Eclipse Plugin Question

Posted by Josh Lam <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Vincent,

RE: Eclipse Plugin Question

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi josh,

We have some issues on this mailing list with attachments (they are
stripped when they are binary I think). I need to contact the admin to
see what we can do about it.

That's correct.

> This web.xml is the one taken from
> org.apache.cactus.eclipse.runner_1.6dev-20031029\conf
>
> Do I have to worry about 'Output war' in the Web
> Application preferences?  It seems to be looking for a
> webapp.war file which I am not able to find.

No. This war is created by the plugin automatically.

> With the above configurations, I am still getting the
> following exceptions:
>
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native
> Method)
>
> (please see Exception.txt for complete stack trace, I
> also have the Eclipse log in there)
>
> I am certain that its something I am overlooking.
>
> Would appreciate all the help.  Also, my team members
> on my project would also be very grateful :-)  Even
> though we recognize this plugin is still
> 'experimental', it would defintely be very useful to
> be able to run the debugger in an 'in container'
> situation if we have one of those hard to find bugs in
> our code.

Another idea:

I could see in one screenshot (through the email you sent me
directly...) that one of the required jar is missing I think (it appears
with a different icon type):

cactus-ant-13-1.5beta1.jar

I'd also suggest you use a newer nightly build for the cactus plugin
(I've uploaded one 2 days back).

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: Eclipse Plugin Question

RE: Eclipse Plugin Question

Posted by Josh Lam <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Just want to be doubly sure.  The web.xml file I am
using is:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN"

<web-app>

    <filter>
        <filter-name>FilterRedirector</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>FilterRedirector</filter-name>

        <!-- Some servlet 2.3 containers need to map
the filter to a valid
             resource (Orion 1.5.2 for example).
Others, like Tomcat,
             are happy with just any mapping.

             For example, the following would work
with Tomcat :

<url-pattern>/FilterRedirector</url-pattern> -->

<url-pattern>/test/filterRedirector.jsp</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
        <jsp-file>/jspRedirector.jsp</jsp-file>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>JspRedirector</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/JspRedirector</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

I noticed there are some JSP files eg
filterRedirector.jsp and servletRedirector.jsp.  Do
these files need to be installed anywhere?

--
Josh

RE: Eclipse Plugin Question

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.