Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2014/11/09 03:23:12 UTC

Ideas for 3.0 (aka let's branch)

We should whiteboard on the wiki. Here are some things I had in mind:

* Target Java 7 and EE 6 minimum
* Refactor to clearly delineate framework externals (apis) and framework
internals
* Replace XWork annotations with Beans Validation annotations
* Replace XWork injection with CDI injection
* Full HTML 5 support
* Use annotations to configure actions
* Be a candidate for EE 8's JSR web framework spec

I also believe (and believe a debate will ensue)....
* We should make all plugins independent projects like Maven.

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Ideas for 3.0 (aka let's branch)

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Whatever we choose to do, I would like to first work on rearranging the
> packages to make the api clear.

What do you need?

Regards
--