Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by gaurav <ga...@hclcomnet.co.in> on 2005/06/08 08:36:36 UTC

log4j with Apache Jserve

hi List,
            Is there any ways I can configure log4j with Apache Jserve (
Legacy deployment) .I have configured jserv.properties  wrapper class
and added it to init method but no logs are getting generated

is there any other to do this ? is there is link/tutorial which which
illustrates using log4j with jserv ?  has anybody done it before ?

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, use or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: log4j with Apache Jserve

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
At 12:06 PM 6/8/2005 +0530, you wrote:
 >hi List,
 >            Is there any ways I can configure log4j with Apache Jserve (
 >Legacy deployment) .I have configured jserv.properties  wrapper class
 >and added it to init method but no logs are getting generated

You mean logging for JServ itself or an app running within it?

 >is there any other to do this ? is there is link/tutorial which which
 >illustrates using log4j with jserv ?  has anybody done it before ?

If it is logging for your app, it shouldn't be any different than logging
in a modern container.  Just make sure log4j and Log4j config file are in
the classpath and logging should work for you.  Now, if you are expecting
JServ itself to provide logging output, that depends on how logging is
implemented in JServ.  Somehow, I doubt that it is directly (or even
indirectly) using Log4j.

Jake