Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/01/11 21:44:32 UTC

Plug-in update

Hello List,

I have recently been working on the ontology plug-in and have made some changes not covered by the dated wiki entries and some of the material packaged with the 1.2 dist. I am aware that there has not been much (if any) interest regarding this plug-in, this provides the reasoning behind my email.

Having read the correspondence on this list over the 04/01 - 05/01 titled 'Release planning', I am aware that there are firm plans to rid the next Nutch 1.3 release of redundant plug-ins (amongst many other things). My question therefore is, is it worth me updating the wiki to accomodate the work I have been undertaking? I am aware that this plug-in uses search, refine-query and refine-query-init.jsp's and presumably these would also be removed when Nutch 1.3 is released as searching is being delegated to Solr, however it would be of interest to me to develop (over time) a new plug-in which builds on the ideas currently contained within the ontology plug-in available for Nutch 1.2 which would be used with Solr.

Thank you

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009