Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by mck <mc...@apache.org> on 2018/06/03 23:44:53 UTC

Re: Time for a new Chair, or a move to the Attic?

> We've been talking about the attic for some time now. I think the time
> has come.

Following procedure: https://attic.apache.org/process.html

I will announce this intention to the users list. Then later call a vote back here on the dev ML.

Mick.

Re: Time for a new Chair, or a move to the Attic?

Posted by mck <mc...@apache.org>.
> Besides captured in this list, do we have it documented somewhere? I'd
> be quite interested to see.

Brett, only in the list AFAIK.

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@tiles.apache.org:lte=10y:client-side

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d8c5cd10a4172f2e83e99ed8c297c4786c44d66dde11e1cda92f054b@%3Cdev.tiles.apache.org%3E

Re: Time for a new Chair, or a move to the Attic?

Posted by Brett Ryan <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mck <mc...@apache.org>.
> Was there ever a roadmap for the future of Tiles?

If Tiles had more client-side templating implementations, and its composition worked seamless between client and server side, then there's potential for a bigger user base. The ideas on how this might be done have been discussed before in this list.

regards,
Mick

Re: Time for a new Chair, or a move to the Attic?

Posted by Brett Ryan <br...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to be more involved but don't know what you guys feel is the direction for tiles going forward.

Personally I am a more traditional user preferring tiles over other templating frameworks, though we all know tiles is losing ground due to the move from many to HTML pure alternatives.

Was there ever a roadmap for the future of Tiles? Are the original authors now using something different? Has the community moved on?

That said, tiles is still as useful the way it is as it always has been.