Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Marc Zbyszynski <mm...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/15 22:57:14 UTC

Error specifying nimbus thirft port via command line on 0.10.0

Hi there!,

I'm seeing an error when running operations like list or kill from the
command line and specifying the nimbus thrift port. For example (ip address
redacted):

*../../Applications/apache-storm-0.10.0/bin/storm list -c
nimbus.host=myserver -c nimbus.thrift.port=6627*

fails with this exception:

*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Long
cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer*
* at backtype.storm.thrift$nimbus_client_and_conn.invoke(thrift.clj:75)*
* at backtype.storm.thrift$nimbus_client_and_conn.invoke(thrift.clj:72)*
* at backtype.storm.command.list$_main.invoke(list.clj:22)*
* at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:152)*
* at clojure.lang.AFn.applyTo(AFn.java:144)*
* at backtype.storm.command.list.main(Unknown Source)*

If I remove the *-c nimbus.thrift.port=6627* then the command works ok.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? My apologies if this has
already been discussed or reported.

Thanks for your help,

Marc