Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ivan Filippenko <Iv...@aero.org> on 2002/04/22 06:34:45 UTC

TCPMonitor (Beta1) anomalies

Anyone have an idea why I'm having the following problems?

1) Most of the time, except for the first couple of requests passing
through the monitor (even just regular HTTP, not necessarily to AXIS),
the requests and responses get concatenated to the previous ones
displayed in the monitor instead of each one being listed separately
in the top table.

2) This appears to be related to the following exceptions appearing
at about the same time or shortly thereafter:

java.net.SocketException: Descriptor not a socket: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon$SocketRR.run(Unknown Source)

As I say, this occurs without me doing anything special with Web services,
-- just passing HTTP requests to Tomcat 4.0.4-b1 via TCPMonitor.

Is there something I've set up wrong, or is this a Beta1 problem I haven't
heard about?  Any clues or suggestions would be appreciated!  I can't
use TCPMonitor this way.

Thanks,

  -- Ivan