Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/07/07 01:02:00 UTC

correct value for impl of JCas class new static value _TypeName

Hi,

[UIMA-2147] adds static constant fields to JCas classes, like _TypeName.

The use seems to be within Java Annotations.

I've noticed that for a small number of builtin UIMA types, there's an ambiguity
in the name.  For example, the UIMA "TOP" type has the official name in xml of
"uima.cas.TOP".  But the Java class is "org.apache.uima.jcas.cas.TOP".

For most types, including all user-defined types, the Java class and the fully
qualified name match.

For the cases where they don't match, what should be the value assigned to
_TypeName?  I'm guessing if it is for some kind of Java Annotation use, it might
want to be the actual Java class name.  This is what it is set to at the moment.

If other people have use cases where this should be changed to the official xml
built-in type name, instead, please speak up on this thread :-) .

-Marshall

Re: correct value for impl of JCas class new static value _TypeName

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
oops, further investigation shows UIMA-2147 is superseded by UIMA-4687, and this
is fixed only for V3 (not V2).

I'll fix under 4687.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.