Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Allan Kamau <hu...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/14 13:00:18 UTC

Custom error page in Tomcat.

How do I configure an error page in Tomcat (TC4x)
across all contexts and within each context.
What changes are expected in the web.xml.

Allan.

Re: Custom error page in Tomcat.

Posted by "Christopher K. St. John" <ck...@distributopia.com>.
Allan Kamau wrote:

> How do I configure an error page in Tomcat (TC4x)
> across all contexts and within each context.
> What changes are expected in the web.xml.

 Take a look at conf/web.xml. Entries made there will
apply to all contexts. The format is identical to the
context-specific WEB-INF/web.xml files. Error page
declarations look like:

 <error-page>
    <exception-type> MyException </exception-type>
    <location> /myexception.html </location>
  </error-page>

 the servlet spec[1] has a complete description in
section SRV.9.9.2.

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com