Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/11 20:57:42 UTC

Confluence docs experiment

There's a "render to static file" process in testing for
auto-converting Confluence documents into web pages as each web page
is updated.

This is an experiment to find a way for Confluence to be supported as
a documentation system, without having end-viewers using confluence
directly.   If Cayene is interested in being a test case, someone
volunteer, and I'll put you in contact with the appropriate people.

They are looking for volunteers with experience in using Confluence
and who have a well-established content-base that they can import.

Re: Confluence docs experiment

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Apr 12, 2006, at 10:02 PM, Cris Daniluk wrote:

> I haven't received confirmation about my apache ID yet. There are
> three
> different sets of documentation - User, Client, and Modeler. Right
> now, we
> store them all under CAYDOC. If this is compatible with the current
> plan,
> then only CAYDOC needs created. Otherwise, we will need to create 3
> separate
> spaces.

I think all three should go together as one space. In our previous
discussions we agreed that space == docs version branch. I don't see
any reason to split it further.

Also we have a CAY space (our main Wiki), but we can probably wait
with its migration until the things settle down.

Andrus

Re: Confluence docs experiment

Posted by Cris Daniluk <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Ok.  Filed as http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-771

Re: Confluence docs experiment

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

On 4/12/06, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> I would've volunteered for that as well, as this is a good
> opportunity to both make Confluence happen @Apache and also learn
> more about the infrastructure. But with the JPA push and all the Beta
> tasks that I want to finish ASAP, not sure how realistic this is.

Sorry.   I should have been more clear.

> So Mike you can sign me in as a "backup volunteer". I will certainly
> help with anything that may be needed on the objectstyle.org end.

I'll put Chris down as the contact person (or maybe myself if it
requires a valid apache id) and if Chris needs any help, he can
contact Andrus.

Re: Confluence docs experiment

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Cris Daniluk <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cris Daniluk <cr...@gmail.com>.
I see what you're talking about. There are several similar plugins out
there... I guess I don't perceive a need to be involved in this right now
because our server doesn't seem to be too taxed. However, if I'm wrong about
that... somebody let me know :)

Cris

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cris Daniluk <cr...@gmail.com>.