Posted to users@maven.apache.org by he...@dnbnor.no on 2008/04/22 08:53:41 UTC

M2Eclipse -workspace resolution

Hi

Anybody else having problems with m2eclipse and workspace resolution for
Web projects in Eclipse?

Hermod

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.

Re: M2Eclipse -workspace resolution

Posted by Mark Hewett <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Salgar, Mehmet (external) <
Mehmet.Salgar@external.t-mobile.de> wrote:
<snip>

> I would try to find the JIRA for m2eclipse and write this there...

<snip>

Sounds like you may be running into this (or a variation of)...
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-438

AW: M2Eclipse -workspace resolution

Posted by "Salgar, Mehmet (external)" <Me...@external.t-mobile.de>.
All my dependencies are in my local repository....

The problem is not that I see the older version or not....

That dependencies are not resolved at all (there is 1000 class not found errors in eclipse), if I manually add the project that are open in the eclipse workspace into java build path, then it functions.

Only weird behavior, this is only happening in WTP projects.

All the other project type, if the project is in the eclipse workspace and also in pom as dependency, m2eclipse put it to build path. The different nature of the WTP is causing the problem I guess.

I would try to find the JIRA for m2eclipse and write this there...

T-Mobile Deutschland GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: Hamid Akhavan (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Philipp Humm (Sprecher), Thomas Berlemann, Jiri Dvorjancansky, Dr. Peter Körner, Günther Ottendorfer, Dr. Raphael Kübler, Dr. Steffen Roehn
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 59 19
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
WEEE-Reg.-Nr.: DE60800328

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
It should pull those dependencies from the local repository, which means if you haven't installed them, then you will get older versions. This is what the workspace resolution is meant to help but can only work if you have all of them in the workspace ;-)

Anyway, this should be taken to the m2e list...

I think you need to be more explicit about your problems. You can also disable workspace resolution per project in the Maven properties.

Anybody else having problems with m2eclipse and workspace resolution for Web projects in Eclipse?

Hermod
* *

This email with attachments is solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used in the DnB NOR Group.

RE: M2Eclipse -workspace resolution

Posted by he...@dnbnor.no.
Hi

This is a confirmed bug (MNGECLIPSE-562)

Hermod

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by Felipe Kamakura <fe...@gmail.com>.
Me too. I have a Web module that depends on my Core (EJB) module. The Core
module doesn't appear in the Maven Dependencies container.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Salgar, Mehmet (external) <