Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh G <jo...@gfunk007.com> on 2003/12/19 02:53:14 UTC

Re: rtexprvalue ignored? - fixed

At 11:47 AM 19/12/2003, you wrote:
>This is what i was telling you before, the attribute has to be either a
>expression or a constant, not both. so add the "_off.gif" part to the
>tmp variable before you put it in the tags attribute.
>
>like this:
><% String temp = sectionNames[i] + "_off.gif"; %>
><image:local file="<%= temp  %>" />
>
>thats what i've done before to fix the problem.
>
>dave

Ah, gotcha... Now I see. I misread it, and thought you meant that my
problem was within the <%= %>, not in the tag attribute. Cheers mate.

If it helps you any, I also got

<image:local file="<%= tmp + "off.gif" %>" />

to work, since I'm doing a lot of these lines and assigning tmp to
sectionNames[i] above the block.

(sent this back to the list so it turns up in the archive, sorry if this
pisses anyone off).

Again, thanks, have a beer on me.

-Josh

          "He likes to run, And then the thing with the.. person..
                ... Oh boy, that monkey is going to pay."

            [ Josh 'G' McDonald ]  --  [ Pirion Systems, Brisbane]

[ 07 3257 0490 ]  --  [ 0415 784 825 ]  --  [ http://www.gfunk007.com/ ]

Re: Fedora (RedHat) Linux and gcj

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I haven't done myself, but from what I've seen from other Tomcat developers
that have tried gcj, you get a small improvement in start-up time, and after
that, not much of an improvement over JIT.

Fedora (RedHat) Linux and gcj

Posted by David Evans <ds...@berndtgroup.net>.
On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 20:53, Josh G wrote:
> At 11:47 AM 19/12/2003, you wrote:
> >This is what i was telling you before, the attribute has to be either a
> >expression or a constant, not both. so add the "_off.gif" part to the
> >tmp variable before you put it in the tags attribute.
> >
> >like this:
> ><% String temp = sectionNames[i] + "_off.gif"; %>
> ><image:local file="<%= temp  %>" />
> >
> >thats what i've done before to fix the problem.
> >
> >dave
>
> Ah, gotcha... Now I see. I misread it, and thought you meant that my
> problem was within the <%= %>, not in the tag attribute. Cheers mate.
>
> If it helps you any, I also got
>
> <image:local file="<%= tmp + "off.gif" %>" />
>
> to work, since I'm doing a lot of these lines and assigning tmp to
> sectionNames[i] above the block.
Right on, I hadn't tried it that way before. I guess as long as the
whole attribute inside the expression tag, any expression will work.
Makes sense. Have a good one.
> Again, thanks, have a beer on me.
no problem, and i'm heading out to have one now.

dave

Posted by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>.
Hi, just a tip for portability:

WebSphere JSP parser will complain when you use an expression containing
the same string delimiter used for the attribute. This means that

attr="<%= "aaa" %>"

will produce a compiler error. To avoid this, simply use a different
quotation marks for the attribute itself, as in:

attr='<%= "aaa" %>'

I personally consider this a bug in WebSphere, but in the meanwhile the
change does not hurt :-)

Hope it helps,
Rodrigo Ruiz