Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2022/07/25 12:52:58 UTC

problem downloading binaries from sourceforge

Hi All,

I tried going through https://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html to
download Linux x86-64 rpm binaries and follow the binary link to SF and
the download download doesn't start and it redirects me to the files
page and 4.1.13 isn't listed but there is another download button that
doesn't work and then I'm back to the files page.

When I try to login I get a 404 that it says the website is temporarily
in static offline mode.
But it shows a tweet that says its back to full capacity.

Anybody else get this?

Thanks,
Carl

Re: problem downloading binaries from sourceforge

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Dave and all,

On 7/25/22 9:14 AM, Dave wrote:

> On 25/07/2022 13:52, Carl Marcum wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I tried going through https://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html to
>> download Linux x86-64 rpm binaries and follow the binary link to SF and
>> the download download doesn't start and it redirects me to the files
>> page and 4.1.13 isn't listed but there is another download button that
>> doesn't work and then I'm back to the files page.
>>
>> When I try to login I get a 404 that it says the website is temporarily
>> in static offline mode.
>> But it shows a tweet that says its back to full capacity.
>>
>> Anybody else get this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carl
> Going through the route you describe I get the same, but since I have my
> browser set to block almost everything on SurceForge that doesn't surprise.
>
> I suggest the "Alternative download link #2" in the right hand column of
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

I had already grabbed them from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/openoffice/4.1.13/binaries/

I wonder if we should change that alternate link to use the cdn?

Thanks,
Carl

Posted by Dave <bm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi Marcus, Carl

> On 07/25/2022 5:06 PM WEST Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
> Am 25.07.22 um 16:04 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> > It seems to be fixed now.
>
> I can see the listed item for 4.1.13 and it has already over 81,000
> downloads.

Yes, all is back to normal, even the mirror options.

Regards,
Pedro

Re: problem downloading binaries from sourceforge

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 25.07.22 um 16:04 schrieb Carl Marcum:
> Hi Pedro and all,
>
> On 7/25/22 9:41 AM, Pedro Lino wrote:
>> It worries me that 4.1.13 does not show up on
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/
>>
>> Should I report that?
>>
>> Sourceforge must be changing the pages (again) because when you press
>> the "Problems Downloading?" button, you no longer have the option to
>> choose the mirror you want, it will simply switch to another mirror...
>
> It seems to be fixed now.

I can see the listed item for 4.1.13 and it has already over 81,000
downloads.

Marcus

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Pedro and all,