Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> on 2022/02/19 20:37:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] Converting airflow's CLI to "click" and "rich_click" External Inbox airflow-dev

Hey everyone,

I've just merged https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/21689 which
provides a really nice and simple integration of 'click' and 'rich' we
use for our internal tools mostly (some of our dev tools we use for
releasing airflow + the new Breeze2 we work on with our interns).

* click provides a really nice way to add command line integration
(including autocomplete)
* rich is a very popular (and cool) library to provide colorful,
interactive command line output - progress bars etc
* finally rich_click nicely integrates both together.

You can see some screenshots for our internal tools in
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/21689)  - should we convert our
custom decorators we have in Airflow for CLI to use click and
rich_click to make it look nice?

Seems like no brainer, but maybe there are reasons we should not :) ?

J.

Re: [DISCUSS] Converting airflow's CLI to "click" and "rich_click" External Inbox airflow-dev

Posted by Felix Uellendall <fe...@pm.me.INVALID>.
I am using typer which is build on top of click for airflow-digrams cli. I like it a lot.

- Felix

Sent from ProtonMail for iOS

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.