Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <th...@octavia.de> on 2004/03/05 17:12:12 UTC

Jetspeed is running to slow

Hello!

I have installed Jetspeed Portal/1.4(Apache Tomcat/4.1.30, 1000MHZ 300MB RAM).

When I run Jetspeed with my browser the startsup too slow.
It doesn't depend on dezipping the .war-file, because the speed doesn't increase
on following startups.
The same is happening when I'm loggedon.
It seems to me that this problem is caused by an internal URLconnection somewhere in the portal.

The following errormessage is shown in the dosbox of the tomcat-server:

eException: The following URL is not available because it is considered invalid:
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/furniture/syndication/rss-0.91.dtd

My questions are:
Why is the Jetspeedapplikation running continiusly such lame.
And how can I stop the URLconnectionprocess.

I'm allready used to run Jetspeed in former builts but this problem occures the first time.

Thanks for helping!

	Yours Thomas

Re: Jetspeed is running to slow

Posted by Stefano Bianchi <st...@softeco.it>.
Why not to try to delete portlets definition from xreg files and then
restart TOMCAT?
System should ignore not existing portlets, and then they can be deleted
without refreshing time.
Could it be a solution?
Stefano

Posted by Debora Galante <de...@eng.it>.
I have problems when I want to add a goups/roles in an Oracle's DB using
JetSpeed.

We would like to use DB Oracle with Jetspeed so we have do all the things
suggested in

http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/psml.html
and
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/psml_db.html