Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org> on 2003/01/18 02:46:41 UTC

OSX

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 14:38, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 02:13  PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Seems as if most of Jakarta use OS X now. Is it just that us X-junkies
> > are
> > loud and proud about it?
>
> I switched recently ( ~ 4mo ). It would be interesting to conduct an
> informal poll.
> -pete

Related to OSX - I am seriously considering moving I just have a concern
about JDK's.

Sun hasn't released a 1.4 JDK for OSX yet, but I use quite a few of the
1.4 features daily for work. Is there a ultra-sekret 1.4 JDK for OSX out
that i am unaware of, or are all of the OSX'ers in Apache using 1.3?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: OSX

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2003/1/17 5:46 PM, "Brian McCallister" <br...@skife.org> wrote:

> Sun hasn't released a 1.4 JDK for OSX yet, but I use quite a few of the
> 1.4 features daily for work. Is there a ultra-sekret 1.4 JDK for OSX out
> that i am unaware of, or are all of the OSX'ers in Apache using 1.3?

There is a beta 1.4.x JDK...it has bugs, but I have been using it fairly
well for a while now...click the 'Join ADC' button and you can setup a free
account which will give you access...nice thing is that account works across
all of apple's various login pages on their site...

    http://connect.apple.com

-jon