Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Laenzlinger, Christof" <ch...@sunrise.net> on 2003/06/24 19:42:40 UTC

Character Encoding other than UTF-8 with SwA

We are using an Axis (Axis 1.1 final) client to send SOAP Messages with
attachments.
I was trying to find out how it might be possible to change the
character encoding of the SOAP part to something other than UTF-8.

By looking at the source code I found that the character-encoding in this
case is
hard-coded SerializationContextImpl.java and MimeUtils.java

UTF-8 seems to be also hard coded in case of a SOAP Message without
attachments
(see Message.java).

I was wondering that character encoding can not be configured in such a
great and flexible
toolkit as Axis is. Did I miss something important?

I did not look yet into the server side implementation. Can Axis handle
different character encoding as a server?

Christof Laenzlinger