Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Geoff Hollingworth (EUS)" <Ge...@am1.ericsson.se> on 2002/02/01 22:50:22 UTC

Session in a link in a vm template (column.vm)

Hi
I am embedding links to wap sites from within the wml column.vm formatter (path ../templates/vm/controllers/wml/control.vm)

In these wap sites that are on the same tomcat server and I have a link in them all "/jetspeed/portal" that I call home that takes it back to the jetspeed portal.

I need to maintain the session from the jetspeed portal, through my wap application and then back again to the portal site, to maintain logged in status,

My question -
In the vm template how can i include the sessionID in the url in the link?

In jsp i would use the tag <encodeUrl>
hoping you can help
regards
/geoff

Re: Session in a link in a vm template (column.vm)

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Well, you could use JSP to generate your cards, there are examples under
webapp/WEB-INF/templates/jsp
Or with Velocity (haven't actually tried this), I believe it goes like:

$data.Request.Session.Id