Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Pete Schoenhoff <pe...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/10 23:28:16 UTC

CpeTimer and CpeTimerImpl

Hi,

Could somebody explain to me the intent of these classes and how that intent
is realized?
In documentation (
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.1.0-incubating/docs/html/references/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.cpe_descriptor.descriptor.operational_parameters)
it suggests that this can be implemented by a third party to supply a
custom timestamp (String? Date? Calendar?) but the code (CpeTimer.java,
CpeTimerImpl.java, and CpeConfigurationImpl.java) seem to only pass around
the name of an implementation class, which only in turn provides the name of
the implementation class.  There seems to be no mechanism to actually
provide the needed timestamp.

Obviously, it's possible that I'm missing something - which is why I'm
writing to ask.  Can someone help?

BTW, if it turns out that there is an actual bug related to this, I'd be
willing to work that bug.

  - pete schoenhoff