Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sean Sullivan <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/02 10:05:17 UTC

[Axis2] POJO service doesn't show up in "list services"

I followed the steps here to create a simple service called MyService:
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_5_1/userguide-buildingservices.html#deploypojo

That worked fine.  But now I've written some code to make a somewhat useful
service and when I copy it into axis2/WEB-INF/services ... nothing seems to
happen.  It doesn't show up here anymore:
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/listServices

Is there some way I can see some logs of what happened when I tried to get
the service started?

The main change I did is that my service class now calls some functions in
other Java classes in the same package.  The directory structure now looks
like:

MyService
-- META-INF
-- -- services.xml
-- NED_71663487       <-- a folder that contains some data files, not sure
where to put it really (and yes, I've tried it without this folder)
-- serv
-- -- MyService.class
-- -- GeoPix.class
-- -- RefPoint.class
-- -- ... etc etc etc ...

In services.xml it's the same as the example in the user guide except i have
<service name="MyService" > and <parameter
name="ServiceClass">serv.MyService</parameter>

Anyone know what steps I can take to have more of a chance of diagnosing the
problem?  There's a bunch of tutorials that say "go verify that your service
shows up in the services list now", but none of them say what to do if it
didn't work!  I'm new to web services in general...

Thanks,
Sean

Re: [Axis2] POJO service doesn't show up in "list services"

Posted by Charles Galpin <cg...@lhsw.com>.
Sean, check the logs directory under your tomcat install directory. You should see errors in one of the logs there. I also find it helps for development to nut run tomcat as a service and start/stop it from the commandline scripts in the bin directory. You can see errors immediately on the console there.

Lastly, you can use log4j to add logging to your app and get more useful info specific to your own code.

hth,
charles