Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2006/09/01 22:32:10 UTC

Re: The perils of complexity - CURRENT TIME handling - take a look at this thread, even if you don't care about current time handling

I skipped the original posting, took a look at subject and was not
really interested in CURRENT TIME handling.  But I happened to look
back and think it is valuable reading about the compilation/execution
engine.  The write
up is interesting, and gives some insite into compile vs. runtime
decisions.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> I skipped the original posting, took a look at subject and was not
> really interested in CURRENT TIME handling.  But I happened to look
> back and think it is valuable reading about the compilation/execution
> engine.  The write
> up is interesting, and gives some insite into compile vs. runtime
> decisions.

Thanks Mike, yes the first part of the subject was meant to be the
important part, next time I'll make it something like:

The perils of complexity (example from CURRENT TIME handling)

Dan.