Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Scott Derrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net> on 2024/03/08 00:49:32 UTC

issue starting example core in new 8.11 install

I installed 8.11 and can access it via teh web interface.

I created an example core in /var/solr/data/test

test/conf
     /data

I used the solarconfig.xml and managed-schema files from
/opt/solr/example/files/conf

When I use the core admin tool to add a core I get this error

Error CREATEing SolrCore 'test': Unable to create core [test] Caused by:
Can't find resource 'lang/contractions_it.txt' in classpath or
'/var/solr/data/test'

Am I missing something?

I have a working core running on 7.2 and was going to upgrade to 8.11. I
was just testing it out and ran into this?

thanks,

Scott

Re: issue starting example core in new 8.11 install

Posted by Scott Derrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net>.
single-node

Posted by Scott Derrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net>.
Runtime

Private Build OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 19.0.2 19.0.2+7-Ubuntu-0ubuntu322.04

Posted by Dmitri Maziuk <dm...@gmail.com>.
On 3/7/24 18:49, Scott Derrick wrote:
> When I use the core admin tool to add a core I get this error
>
> Error CREATEing SolrCore 'test': Unable to create core [test] Caused by:
> Can't find resource 'lang/contractions_it.txt' in classpath or
> '/var/solr/data/test'
>
> Am I missing something?

Is that cloud or single-node?

Dima

Re: reindexing failing after move to new server

Posted by Dmitri Maziuk <dm...@gmail.com>.
On 3/8/24 14:02, Scott Derrick wrote:

> Mucho thanks!  That did it.  The files our owned by the tomcat process,
> so adding solr to the tomcat group allowed read access to the files!

;) Rubber Duck debugging at its finest.

cheers,

Posted by Scott Derrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net>.
Dmitri,

Mucho thanks!  That did it.  The files our owned by the tomcat process,
so adding solr to the tomcat group allowed read access to the files!

thanks again,

Scott

Posted by Dmitri Maziuk <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: reindexing fails on a particular file

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hi,
You can enable log on wider category, and it give you a clue:
https://github.com/SearchScale/dataimporthandler/blob/branch_9x/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/FileDataSource.java#L120
Assuming the error occurs in XPathEntityProcessor, it log in case if
onError=continue
https://github.com/SearchScale/dataimporthandler/blob/branch_9x/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/XPathEntityProcessor.java#L316

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

reindexing fails on a particular file

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
You probably should got something on verbose?
Given "Full Import failed" there should be something in log, can you grep
this there?

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: reindexing failing after move to new server

Posted by Scott Derrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net>.
Dima,

Posted by Dmitri Maziuk <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Derrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net>.
I moved my core from 7.73 to 8.11.3

I followed the instructions from
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_11/reindexing.html#reindexing-strategies

after executing

|curl -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-binary
'{"delete":{"query":"*:*" }}' http://localhost:8983/solr/mbepp/update
and then reloading I show 0 docs, segment count 0 I ls command in the
index folder shows 2 files : segments_seh write.lock I then execute a
dataimport with verbose, clean, commit, and debug selected it
immediately returns ||"responseHeader": { "status": 0, "QTime": 0 }, "initArgs": [
"defaults", [ "config", "tei-config.xml", "df", "_text_" ] ], "command":
"status", "status": "idle", "importResponse": "", "statusMessages": {
"Time Elapsed": "0:6:40.897", "Total Requests made to DataSource": "0",
"Total Rows Fetched": "0", "Total Documents Processed": "0", "Total
Documents Skipped": "0", "Full Dump Started": "2024-03-08 19:06:38",
"Full Import failed": "2024-03-08 19:06:38" } } logging reveals ||

3/8/2024, 11:06:38 AM 	ERROR true 	x:mbepp 	DataImporter 	Full Import
failed

How can I show more debugging to figure out what is failing?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org.INVALID>.
On 3/7/24 17:49, Scott Derrick wrote:
> I installed 8.11 and can access it via teh web interface.
>
> I created an example core in /var/solr/data/test
>
> test/conf
>      /data
>
> I used the solarconfig.xml and managed-schema files from /opt/solr/
> example/files/conf
>
> When I use the core admin tool to add a core I get this error
>
> Error CREATEing SolrCore 'test': Unable to create core [test] Caused by:
> Can't find resource 'lang/contractions_it.txt' in classpath or '/var/
> solr/data/test'

The core's config (most likely the schema in this case) references a
file named "lang/contractions_it.txt" and that file is not found with
the config.  Most likely you just copied solrconfig.xml and the schema
and did not copy the rest of the files in the conf directory, and some
of those files ARE needed.

Thanks,
Shawn