Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Yu Wei <yu...@hotmail.com> on 2016/11/24 08:45:53 UTC

Is kafka mesos framework still supported? Is there any official kafka docker images?

Hi guys,

I found kafka mesos framework on https://github.com/mesos/kafka.

Is it still maintained?

Is there any official kafka docker images available?

Thanks,

Jared, (??)
Software developer
Interested in open source software, big data, Linux

Re: Is kafka mesos framework still supported? Is there any official kafka docker images?

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 24, 2016, at 00:45, Yu Wei wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I found kafka mesos framework on https://github.com/mesos/kafka.
>
> Is it still maintained?

Hi Yu Wei,

Keep in mind the code you linked to is not part of the Apache Kafka code
base.  I'm not completely sure who the maintainers are.  The best place
to ask is on that particular project's bug tracker or forum.  It looks
like there is some discussion here:
https://github.com/mesos/kafka/issues/257

> Is there any official kafka docker images available?

There is some discussion about creating Kafka docker images for testing
here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-4465  Once this is
done, it could be useful for trying out Kafka as well, I bet.

best,
Colin