Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> on 2006/09/19 20:08:14 UTC

Need Local Repository variable for ant script

Does anyone know if there is a variable which contains the location of the
local repository.  I am working with jibx and in order to create my jibx
binding classes, I have to extract classes from a jar file located in the
repository at compile time.  I am using an ant script to do this and it
works with a hard-coded location, but I need a better solution.   Is there a
way to get a specific dependency location to an ant script... For example,
could I specify this jar file as a dependency and pass it's location to the
ant script?

jp4

Re: Need Local Repository variable for ant script

Posted by jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com>.
I am getting closer, only problem is that variable has some extraneous
characters in it... Looks like this

 [local] -> file:///home/jpfeifer/.m2/repository

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Yes you could, assuming you're executing your ant script within Maven (with
antrun, or as a plugin); You can find the repository location via the
"localRepository" property.

Eric

On 9/19/06, jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a variable which contains the location of the
> local repository.  I am working with jibx and in order to create my jibx
> binding classes, I have to extract classes from a jar file located in the
> repository at compile time.  I am using an ant script to do this and it
> works with a hard-coded location, but I need a better solution.   Is there
> way to get a specific dependency location to an ant script... For example,
> could I specify this jar file as a dependency and pass it's location to
> the
> ant script?
>
> jp4

Eric Redmond