Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> on 2017/01/04 21:49:36 UTC

Debugging issues in mxosrvr

Hi,

I have an executor issue that occurs only in mxosrvr, not in sqlci. So I want to debug it in mxosrvr, using gdb.

I gather that DCS has several timeouts that will cause mxosrvr to be killed or to kill itself if they go too long. I'm wondering which of these I need to change in order to have a stable gdb session. I see the following listed in the DCS manual (here: http://trafodion.apache.org/docs/dcs_reference/index.html):

dcs.master.listener.request.timeout
Description
Listener Request timeout. Default 30 seconds.
30000
dcs.master.listener.selector.timeout
Description
Listener Selector timeout. Default 10 seconds.
10000
dcs.server.user.program.zookeeper.session.timeout
Description
User program ZooKeeper session timeout. Default 180 seconds.
180
zookeeper.session.timeout
Description

ZooKeeper session timeout. dcs passes this to the zk quorum as suggested maximum time for a session (This setting becomes zookeeper's 'maxSessionTimeout'). See http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkSessions "The client sends a requested timeout, the server responds with the timeout that it can give the client. " In milliseconds.

180000
Also, are there any other settings I should set to get a good debugging experience? (I'm already aware of turning off Repository writes by setting dcs.server.user.program.statistics.enabled to 'false'.)

Thanks,

Dave

Re: Debugging issues in mxosrvr

Posted by Rinka Singh <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I'll review it as a "novice" bug fixer.  Given that I am still trying to
understand Trafordion.

Posted by Rinka Singh <ri...@gmail.com>.