Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com> on 2013/09/14 13:24:31 UTC

Score = 4.9

I've been having various issues with changes to local.cf not "taking".

Seem to have resolved these, yet there is one more issue that troubles.  (mostly typos apparently, BTW)

So today, after getting changes to BAYES weights to "take", I found some SPAM gets thru anyway as the
score come up short, in my arithmetic.  4.9 and not 5.0.   Does it have to do with the "- " in front of some tests?

You will see  below what I mean:

-----

	*      [score: 1.0000]
	* -0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS SPF: HELO matches SPF record
	* -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
	*  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
-----

Re: Score = 4.9

Posted by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com>.

On 14.09.13 08:12, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
>Yes the displayed scores are all rounded.
>Yet, just now, I got this:
>(which apparently did not round the same way ?? Just trying to understand)

> * -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
> *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
> *  3.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
> *	  [score: 0.5131]

did you modify your BAYES scores? Please show us how?

what I've got from SA updates:

score BAYES_50  0  0  2.0    0.8
score BAYES_99  0  0  3.8    3.5

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

in local.cf (for example)

score BAYES_99  5.0

Are there other values to state?  I don't know what the others are for.

joe a.

Re: Score = 4.9

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

Re: Score = 4.9

Posted by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com>.

Re: Score = 4.9

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Score = 4.9

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
Then likely some of those scores below are -0.01 or something similar so
they are bumping you JUST under 5.0

--
*Kevin A. McGrail*
President

Peregrine Computer Consultants Corporation
3927 Old Lee Highway, Suite 102-C
Fairfax, VA 22030-2422

http://www.pccc.com/

703-359-9700 x50 / 800-823-8402 (Toll-Free)
703-359-8451 (fax)
KMcGrail@PCCC.com <ma...@pccc.com>

Re: Score = 4.9

Posted by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com>.

Re: Score = 4.9

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 10:47:33 -0400
Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> It likely has to do with rounding.  That 5.0 is likely a 4.999 or
> something.  So there is floor/ceiling silliness that isn't really
> apparent from the reports.  I think there are also scenarios where
> the rounding / display is done differently and I unified that code in
> the trunk a year or so ago.

But what's surprising about it is that the two examples given differ
only by  the Bayes result of 5.0 and 3.0 and they round down
in X-Spam-Level, but in X-Spam-Status the first rounds down and the
second rounds up.

	*      [score: 1.0000]
	* -0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS SPF: HELO matches SPF record
	* -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
	*  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message

 * -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
 *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
 *  3.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
 *      [score: 0.5131]

I'm presuming that the OP has actually defined the Bayes scores at 5.0
and 3.0.

Re: Score = 4.9

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.