Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu> on 2012/07/18 12:36:27 UTC

[donation] UserAdmin implementation

Re: [donation] UserAdmin implementation

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.

Re: [donation] UserAdmin implementation

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.
On 7/19/12 3:52 PM, Peter Kriens wrote:
> It comes as a godsend ... :-) I do highly support including this
> in Apache.
>
> Will it include a mongodb backend?

Funny, I asked to implement a MongoDB backend just this week. I'm not
sure how generic it can be to be included with the default UA...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is:/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
IJsselburcht 3
6825 BS  Arnhem
+31 88 586 46 30

http://www.luminis-technologies.com
http://www.luminis.eu

KvK (CoC) 09 16 28 93
BTW (VAT) NL8169.78.566.B.01

Re: [donation] UserAdmin implementation

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.
It comes as a godsend ... :-) I do highly support including this in Apache.

Will it include a mongodb backend?

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.
On 7/19/12 5:26 PM, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 18.07.2012 um 19:26 schrieb Richard S. Hall:

>>> Thanks, Jan Willem, I took a look at the code and all the tests
>>> (over 200, wow!) and it's definitely looking good to me. It
>>> also has a plugable store backend, which is nice if people want
>>> to hook it up to existing databases and repositories. I think
>>> we should definitely accept this donation!
>>
>> I'm inclined to agree...
>
> So am I.
>
> The RoleChangeListener.java is missing the ASL header and the
> bundle plugin configuration IMHO needs some tweeking (e.b.
> versioning the package export, replacing Export-Service by the
> respective Capability header)

Ok; I've apparently missed those. I'll update them, and include a new
(signed) version in the JIRA issue.

Thanks for looking into this!

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Am 18.07.2012 um 19:26 schrieb Richard S. Hall:

> On 7/18/12 12:08 , Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> On 7/18/12 06:36 , Jan Willem Janssen wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I've written a UserAdmin implementation that I'd like to donate to the
>>> Felix project, see [1].
>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3600
>> Thanks, Jan Willem, I took a look at the code and all the tests (over 200, wow!) and it's definitely looking good to me. It also has a plugable store backend, which is nice if people want to hook it up to existing databases and repositories. I think we should definitely accept this donation!
>
> I'm inclined to agree...

So am I.

The RoleChangeListener.java is missing the ASL header and the bundle plugin configuration IMHO needs some tweeking (e.b. versioning the package export, replacing Export-Service by the respective Capability header)

Regards
Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.

On 7/18/12 4:55 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On 7/18/12 06:36 , Jan Willem Janssen wrote: Hi list,
>
> I've written a UserAdmin implementation that I'd like to donate to
> the Felix project, see [1].
>
> One of the main reasons for writing another implementation is that
> all current implementations seems to have serious performance
> issues and the lack of a proper test suite.
>
> As I've also written in the JIRA issue, I'm willing to maintain
> this implementation in the future if needed.
>
>> Sounds good.
>

> One question I've got about this donation: does it need to include
> a Software Grant document as well? I'm already an Apache committer
> for the ACE project, so I'm not entirely sure it is necessary?!
>
>> Ultimately, it needs to be voted on and accepted by the community
>> before you need to worry about a grant, but if it is accepted,
>> then it will need a grant.

Ok; I'll wait for the discussion and vote to settle down...

>> See this document for the steps:
>
>> http://felix.apache.org/site/contributing-source-code.html

Who is going to create the IP-clearance for contributions, the person
submitting the code, or a PMC member from the project?

- --

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.