Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Penubothu, Srinivasa M" <sr...@bankofamerica.com> on 2015/05/15 14:10:19 UTC

CVE-2015-0204 - FREAK vulnerability on tomcat 7.

Hello, I am looking for help with fixing FREAK vulnerability on tomcat 7. I am unable to find a solution for tomcat. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Srinivasa(Vasu) Penubothu

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.

RE: CVE-2015-0204 - FREAK vulnerability on tomcat 7.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Penubothu, Srinivasa M [mailto:srinivasa.penubothu@bankofamerica.com]
> Subject: RE: CVE-2015-0204 - FREAK vulnerability on tomcat 7.

> Title: SSL/TLS Server Accepts RSA_EXPORT Cipher Suites (FREAK)
> CVE ID: CVE-2015-0204

That particular CVE number is only for the OpenSSL client side of the problem.  Whether or not your server accepts RSA export keys is controlled by configuration, and is not officially a CVE item.

> Diagnosis: The remote SSL/TLS server accepts RSA_EXPORT cipher suites which is vulnerable
> to session downgrade vulnerability.
> Result: Exploitation allows an attacker to bypass security restrictions on the targeted host.
> Recommended Solution: Disable RSA_EXPORT cipher suites.

> Trying to find how to apply this fix in Tomcat 7. Appreciate your help!

Read this mailing list thread:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=142911397006702&w=2

 - Chuck

Re: CVE-2015-0204 - FREAK vulnerability on tomcat 7.

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 5/15/2015 8:23 AM, Penubothu, Srinivasa M wrote:
> Here are the details of the vulnerability.
>
> Title: SSL/TLS Server Accepts RSA_EXPORT Cipher Suites (FREAK)
> CVE ID: CVE-2015-0204
> Diagnosis: The remote SSL/TLS server accepts RSA_EXPORT cipher suites which is vulnerable to session downgrade vulnerability.
> Result: Exploitation allows an attacker to bypass security restrictions on the targeted host.
> Recommended Solution: Disable RSA_EXPORT cipher suites.
>
> Trying to find how to apply this fix in Tomcat 7. Appreciate your help!

Update to the latest JRE and TC versions.

Posted by Neill Lima <ne...@visual-meta.com>.