Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Leeuw van der, Tim" <ti...@nl.unisys.com> on 2003/05/26 16:13:28 UTC

SVN 0.24 Status - I'm curious

Hi,

When the new release is nearing I'm always getting curious about the status
the issues that are supposed to be fixed.

So with it nearly being 29th of may, I'd like to know how far along the
development is, in particular, of issues 510, 773, and 1161.

Can we expect to see these issues resolved in the upcoming release, or will
they be deferred?

Greetings,

--Tim van der Leeuw

Re: New User Complaints (from CVS User Perspective)

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Tom Browder wrote:
> OK, got subversion up and running on my local host--great so far.
>
> Besides my wish for the equivalent of CVS's rtag command, I would really
> appreciate the equivalent of CVS's '.cvsignore'--it would be a Good Thing
> for subversion. (By the way, the 'Book' says that the .cvsignore file is
> applied recursively--it's not.)
>
> The 'svn propset svn:ignore -F .cvsignore' command works fine until I want
> to add a new ignore expression.  Then I have to modify .cvsignore as
usual,
> and THEN execute the propset command again.  Having subversion
automatically
> read a local "ignore" file would be great.  I guess I could use the
propedit
> command, but it doesn't work for me (version 0.24).

Then surely the better answer is to get propedit working, rather than
needlessly duplicating functionality? Exactly how doesn't it work for you?
(It works fine for me.)

Also, what version are you *really* using, given that 0.24 doesn't exist
yet?

> Also, using the '.'
> alias as a directory doesn't work for propset either.

Hmm, works for me. I see a minor cosmetic glitch:

$ svn ps svn:ignore foo .
property `svn:ignore' set on ''

There's nothing between the "set on" quotes.

Max.

Re: New User Complaints (from CVS User Perspective)

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
"Tom Browder" <TB...@cox.net> writes:

> Besides my wish for the equivalent of CVS's rtag command

Didn't you ask about this before?  And didn't I already tell you to
run 'svn cp URL1 URL2'?  It's the equivalent svn command.

Re: New User Complaints (from CVS User Perspective)

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Tom Browder wrote:

>The 'svn propset svn:ignore -F .cvsignore' command works fine until I want
>to add a new ignore expression.  Then I have to modify .cvsignore as usual,
>and THEN execute the propset command again.  Having subversion automatically
>read a local "ignore" file would be great.  I guess I could use the propedit
>command, but it doesn't work for me (version 0.24).  Also, using the '.'
>alias as a directory doesn't work for propset either.

Umh, you seem to be misunderstanding, there doesn't have to be any
.cvsignore file at all.  Subversion uses the svn:ignore property for
this purpose so you don't have to clutter your tree with those files.
If you want to edit the property, just use 'svn propedit svn:ignore .'

-garrett

New User Complaints (from CVS User Perspective)

Re: SVN 0.24 Status - I'm curious

Posted by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU>.
On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 12:13, Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
> So with it nearly being 29th of may, I'd like to know how far along the
> development is, in particular, of issues 510, 773, and 1161.

Issue 510 needs more discussion on the list before any implementation
work can proceed.  The last discussion ended at
<http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=31058>
with a very clear mismatch between what was in Greg Stein's head and
what he had previously managed to communicate to everyone else:

[gstein:]
> Hmm. I keep thinking that apply_text should have a mime type for the
> target stream to indicate that the stream is a diff rather than a
> fulltext.

[ghudson:]