Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/24 04:24:03 UTC

POI and ApacheCon

Nick Burch (POI project PMC Chair) is organizing a BOF at ApacheCon EU in April:

  http://poi.markmail.org/message/h4h7qiiwpi7b2t6s

I am just getting round to working on the excel formatting issue
(TIKA-103[1]) which I am hoping will be accepted as a contribution to
POI. Theres also scope IMO for improving the text extraction
facilities provided by POI - moving some of the compexity out of Tika,
back to POI. The POI BOF in Amsterdam would be a great place to
discuss these things and build relationships between Tika and POI. I
am hoping to attend (both ApacheCon and the BOF) and thought I would
post here in case theres anyone else interested.

BOF details here:
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu08

Niall

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-103

Re: POI and ApacheCon

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 24, 2008 5:24 AM, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The POI BOF in Amsterdam would be a great place to discuss these
> things and build relationships between Tika and POI. I am hoping to
> attend (both ApacheCon and the BOF) and thought I would post here
> in case theres anyone else interested.

Good idea! I'll be there and I'm very much interested.

BR,

Jukka Zitting