Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org> on 2022/11/21 21:10:53 UTC

Re: thrift for compiler bug feedback

Hi "itben",

 > github project is prohibited from submitting the issue.

It's not.

 > You can only be contacted directly in such a bold way

We have JIRA. We have Github. We have mailing lists. We even answer
questions on SO. And we have a neat web site where nearly every options
is listed. So no need for "bold" ways, but blessed are those who can read.

 > Problem: When the generated service code is imported into visual
studio 2022, there are many errors that "isset. e" does not exist

Thanks for the screenshot. A complete test case would be better (or more
"bold"), but I guess I already found the issue after spending 15 minutes
of my own lifetime on a badly described problem. You can easily work
around it by removing the illegal "required" from the throws clause.

Have fun,

JensG

PS: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-5669